Monday, May 5, 2008

NEWS!

Sheep & Wool was fun! But before I get into that, here's a bit of news that I'm even more excited about - I finally got it together and started a yarn club! It's all vegan fibers, too. Check it out!

vegan yarn club


I ended up only going to MDSW on Sunday - which was probably a good thing, because from what I heard it was MUCH more laid-back (but still crowded, and some long lines). I bought mostly business-related stuff, like an extra bulky bobbin for my wheel, more organic cotton (including some amazing colorgrown green) & ecospun, 5lbs of rambouillet top, and some washed kid mohair, but I also got one 'frivolous' thing for me:

naturally dyed bfl


2 oz of naturally dyed BFL in "Jade" (greys with greenish tones). I spent a lot of time looking at all the naturally dyed wares from A Verb For Keeping Warm in the Cloverhill booth. I almost never buy handdyed fibers, but I couldn't pass this one up! I managed to talk myself out of some of the naturally dyed tussah silk, just barely. I loved the Cloverhill booth so much - it was chock full of goods from lots of indie spinners and dyers, and I always love seeing other people's handspun in person!

I ran into a few people I know, but also missed a few people whom I 'know' from online. But that's okay, there's always next year!

No comments: