Friday, December 21, 2007

onward!

I will be so happy when christmas comes and I can stop making things like crazy. I finished the scarf - I am AMAZED at how big it is! I only spun about 5 oz of yarn for it, and that includes the copious amount of fringe. It's actually kind of gigantic for an 8 yr old. It hangs down past my waist! Oh well, she'll be warm. I hope she likes big cozy scarves!

pink scarf

pink scarf

Whew. Next up: stripey fingerless mitts for my cousin!

stripey yarn

I also decided to make some spicy brownies to go along with the hot cocoa - I'm making vegan brownies from scratch, with cinnamon and finely chopped bits of crystallized ginger. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to make them with whole wheat flour & no refined sugar, or just take the easy way out.

I got an amazing package from my mom yesterday that contained all of my favorite things (except wool): herbal tea, all sorts of chocolate delights sweetened with evaporated cane juice, and angora knee socks in three different colors! And a book: a brand-new copy of The Golden Compass, which I wanted to re-read before I go see the movie. I read this book when it first came out in 1995 (I was ten years old!) and it was my favorite book for a long time, but I haven't read it in years and years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope she loves the scarf and still appreciates it for years to come :]

The colours for the mitts are amazing!

Anonymous said...

ha! i already got the whole trilogy and am almost done with the first book. fischer keeps teasing me cus i can't put it down. i forgot how much i liked it!

-ria

Alpaca Granny said...

Congratulations on joining the world of bloggers. Not sure why we do it......
Love the pink scarf. Wool? Handdyed?